Dog nutrition information provided by my vet.
Source unknown at the moment, but taken from
A balanced generic homemade formula for healthy adult dogs that meets
Dog food (daily formulation for an 18-kg dog)
|Carbohydrate, cooked (1)
|Meat, cooked (2)
|Bone meal (5)
|Potassium chloride (6)
(1) Examples include rice, cornmeal, oatmeal, potato, pasta and various
(2) Examples include all typical meats, poultry, fish and liver.
(3) Chicken fat, beef fat, vegetables oil or fish oil.
(4) Prepared high-0fiber cereals (All Bran, Fiber One) or vegetables
(raw or cooked).
(5) Dicalcium phosphate can be used in place of bone meal.
(6) Readily available as a salt substitute in grocery stores.
Human adult vitamin-mineral tablet (9 g/tablet, give 1 tablet/day).
Nutrient content (%DMB)
|kcal (as fed)
Directions: Bake or microwave
meat component and cook starch component separately. Grind or finely
chop meat if necessary. Pulverizse the bone meal or dicalcium
phosphate. Mix with all other components except the vitamin-mineral
supplement. Mix well and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Feed the vitamin-mineral supplement with the meal; give as a pill or
pulverize and thoroughly mix with food before feeding.